Good news, Microsoft is now offering an amazing new feature for its users. It’s called the Game DVR. Sounds interesting, no? With this feature, now you can make a video clip of any of the windows you are using. Incredible, uh huh?
This feature is hidden way inside the Xbox app, so you might have not perceived it. But isn’t it amazing that now you can capture a video of whatever you are doing on you devices. As for this device it is amazing yet pretty limited, because with this app you can only record one app or window, not more than that but yet this is a rare feature found in devices. It is pretty handy and easy to control, and to get hold of this amazing feature there are a few steps you need to follow, and the following steps are,
1) Step 1: If you are a user of the Xbox app, it’s easy for you, but if you are using it for the first time, then all you have to do, is open it, go to the ‘Start’ menu and go to All apps>Xbox.
2) Step 2: Once you are done with the first step, open the Game Bar inside any app with the help of the keyboard shortcut Win Key+G. After clicking it for the first time, there is going to be a message popped up on your screen asking you if you want to open the game bar. It’s easy then even if it’s not a game, click on, Yes, this is a game. It will then work on any app including the Word or Internet Browser.
3) Step 3: in the game bar, you will sight a big red button which is going to start the recording of the video. This will simply record the activity of your app, neither your whole screen nor the movement of your mouse. When you are done with the recording, you can again go to the game bar and click the big red STOP button to stop the recoding of your app/window.
4) Step 4: Your new video is now successfully recorded and saved. In order to view it you can either open the Xbox app from the start menu or click the Xbox button on the Game bar. On the left, you will see an icon which looks somewhat like an Xbox controller in the front a film strip, probably the sixth icon from the top.in order to open the game DVR. Now you are able to see the list of your recordings as well as some editing features like cropping the video or editing it or renaming it etc.
5) Step 5: As you know, the game bar is quite imperfect and limited when it comes to screen recording. But you can adjust some of the settings yourself. Open the Game bar, go to the settings (gear) icon. Here you will be able to adjust the background recording time and you may get it set by the time you want the recording that can be 30 minutes, 1 hour or even 2 hours or many other problems you might face. For more progressive settings, you can click on Go to the Xbox app to see more settings in the game bar.