Just last week Google proudly announced its brand new model of the Chromecast streaming device. This new model has been created by redesigning the old one and also incorporates support for 5GHz Wi-Fi networks. Chromecast allows you to fling content that is, ‘cast‘it from certain apps such as YouTube and Netflix from the screen of your smartphones to the TV screens. This is pretty cool as you can see the same thing on a bigger screen right at that point without having to make an effort. The entire computer screen can also be casted to the TV!
Following are steps that you can follow to set the Chromecast and make it work with either your phone or computer:
- Firstly, connect the Chromecast into the HDMI port situated at the back of your television set.
- Plug the Micro-USB power cord to the Chromecast.
- Then, turn on the Wi-Fi on your phone and download the Chromecast app.
- While the Wi-Fi on your phone is enabled you will be able to see your Chromecast, when you open the app. Select the setup button and wait for it to connect to the TV.
- After seeing the identifier code on your TV tap “I see the code” on your phone. Following this step give a unique name to your Chromecast, if you wish, to make it easier to identify. Then, tap on the set name button.
- As you read above, Chromecast supports 5GHz frequency. So, if you have that frequency around you select that one and then, enter the passcode to your network and tap the set network button. You have to then set up the Wi-Fi network.
Succeeding the above mentioned directions you will have done the whole setup by now. All you have to do now is cast the apps from your mobile screen to TV easily by opening an appropriate app and then clicking the cast icon and selecting your Chromecast device.
To cast your computer screen, all you need to do is to initially add the Google Cast extension to the Chrome browser. Then, go to the chrome web store and look up for “Google Cast” and select the option “Add to chrome”. When you are linked to the network that your Chromecast is connected to, select the cast icon on the top right corner of the browser. This way your screen will be casted.
You can compromise on the quality easily when you get to watch content that is not officially supported on Chromecast. So, this is a very simplified way of watching content such as videos and pictures on your big TV screens.